Many roads leading to key vantage points on public lands may be closed to motorized traffic during the eclipse for safety and capacity reasons, vantage points may only be accessible by foot.
Practice Good Stewardship of our Trails / Roadways:
You can help to take good care of our trails and roadways so that others may enjoy these areas for years to come by practicing some of the following actions:
- Don't Litter... take along a trash bag or other receptacle for collecting your trash so that you can deposit it in the proper trash receptacle.
- Make sure that you hike / walk on the designated trail or roadway in that area. Check with your destination ahead of time to ensure that the area you plan to hike in is allowed.
- Don't hike in areas where it is not permitted. These areas have been declared "off limits" to hikers to protect wildlife, vegetation, or for your safety.
Safety While Hiking:
- Wear proper clothing and footwear, according to the terrain and season
- Be courteous and remember that you are sharing the trail or roadway with other hikers and recreationists
- Do not hike or walk on unauthorized trails or roadways
- Bring along extra safety items such as water, flashlights, maps, and a cellphone or radio